3.31.2011

Eben Sorkin's letter for the students

Dear Workshop students,
it was a great pleasure to get to meet you all personally and to have the short opportunity to discuss ideas with you all. In the humanities we do a great deal of our work through skill and intuition. These are of course very very wonderful things! I hope you are able to add critical evaluation of usefulness and in some cases even some awareness of the science of perception to strengthen your work still further. I hope you find the strategy of narrowing the project through aggressive project definition is one that you find helpful. I find that highly focused projects are often the most happy projects. Because of our short time our discussions were always  more one way than I would have wished. I hope you will help me improve things by staying in touch as your project develop!

Best wishes!

-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment